If you’re just hearing about chia for the first time, you’re in for a treat. While many people can’t help but think of those terra cotta figurines that, when sprinkled with water, appear to grow “hair,” when they hear the word “chia,” most people have no idea just how great chia can be as a healthy addition to your diet. Here are some great reasons why you should try chia seeds today:
1) Chia seeds are nutritious. Not only do they contain more omega-3 fatty acids than any other natural plant source, they are also loaded with protein, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, and many other vitamins and minerals.
2) Chia seeds keep you feeling full. Because chia seeds have high soluble fiber levels and can absorb so much water, they help to release natural carbohydrate energy slowly into the bloodstream — so you’ll stay full longer.
3) Chia seeds are energizing. Just a single tablespoon provides a boost of stamina and endurance.
4) Chia seeds are versatile. Since they have a subtle, nutlike flavor, chia seeds can be simply eaten from the bag. They can also be mixed into many foods, including cereal, salad and yogurt, or added to a smoothie.
5) Chia seeds are convenient. They can be stored for long periods of time at room temperature, without losing their nutritional value.
So there you have it. There are so many reasons to incorporate chia seeds into your diet — so visit the AZChia store, today.Tags: Chia seeds