azCHIA is a family owned business that has been importing and selling chia seeds since 2007. All of our chia seed comes from South America and is non GMO, raw, gluten and pesticide free. (USDA and FDA inspects every container we import) Dr Wayne Coates started his research with chia in 1991 while on the faculty at the University of Arizona. He continues to do research on chia to this day, with Wayne and his wife Patricia’s goal being to bring the highest quality chia seed to the public at the best prices possible.
Why consume CHIA?
• Highest plant source of omega-3 currently marketed
• Good source of fiber (soluble and insoluble)
• A complete protein with a ranking over 100
• A good source of natural antioxidants, which promote a long shelf life
• An excellent source of calcium, magnesium and iron
• Soft seed coat so you can consume the whole seed without milling
Some benefits people have seen when consuming chia
• Lower cholesterol and blood pressure
• Less joint pain
• Weight loss
• Diabetics have found reduced insulin spikes
• More energy later in day
• Increased fingernail growth
• Shinier, softer hair
How does chia compare to some other foods?
• More antioxidants than blueberries.
• More omega3 than salmon
• More calcium than milk
• More iron than spinach
• More potassium than bananas